Friday, August 1, 2008

The Seeker: The Dark Force Rising



This movie is supposed to be based off a book. I'm hoping the book is a lot better then the movie. The movie had potential. The story is interesting, but the script, directing, and at times, the acting just were not up to good movie standards.




The movie tells the story of Will Stanton, a young man who learns he is the last of a group of warriors who have dedicated their lives to fighting the forces of the Dark. He is the seventh son of a seventh son. Traveling back and forth through time, Will discovers a series of clues which lead him into a showdown with forces of unimaginable power. With the Dark once again rising, the future of the world rests in Will's hands.




It reminded me of a movie I'd see on the Family Channel but with better special effects. I haven't read the book, but I'm assuming it's much better then this movie. I borrowed it from a friend and do not plan on owning it, but for kids, it seems like it would be fun if you don't mind light vs. dark themes.




It's rare for me to do this, but I give this movie:




2 Popcorns out of 5.

1 comment:

Stratton Family said...

i probabyl wont try to see this the picture looks cheezy i like your popcorns though